Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Need A Little Christmas Now!

My Office Window After the Christmas Spirit Grabbed Me
You know that song from "Mame"?  "Haul out the holly, put up the tree before my spirit falls again!" And the refrain, "We need a little Christmas right this very minute!"

That's how I felt on the day before Thanksgiving. It was the last work day before the holiday and I couldn't bear the thought of coming back to work after a 4-day weekend to a bleak and bare office.  In a frenzy of good cheer, I hung up all the Scandinavian Christmas posters I'd purchased from Ingebretsens on-line in a weak moment following my birthday last month.
The Poster on the Door Proclaims Christmas is Here... in Swedish!
Suddenly the office was filled with Nisser, Tomter and good old Norwegian Glaede.  For you English speakers, that's just a few Christmas Elves and some Holiday Joy.

As I stopped by the market on way my home two nights later, I saw that I wasn't premature in my outburst of holiday cheer.  The local stores were hopping on the holiday band-wagon.

I used to be upset that we barely got to celebrate Thanksgiving before Christmas related stuff appeared everywhere.

This year I don't really mind.

Bring it on.
My Local Ralphs Market the day after Thanksgiving

So, Noel everybody.  Season's Greetings.  Be of good cheer. 

The Christmas Season is here.

No comments: