Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To the Doctor

Hey, I haven't seen this thing in a long time.  Smells interesting.
Jack had to go to the vet for his yearly check-up and shots the other day.  I was surprised that he nearly didn't fit into his carrier anymore!  He's gotten bigger and a lot looooonger.


This is rather cosy.  Don't I look handsome?
 He really likes his carrier, though, and got into it willingly enough, until I started trying to zip it!  He did NOT like that at all. 

He was very good at the vet.  I was so proud of him.  He is meek and submissive and sweet.  The vet said I was taking "very good care" of him, which made me very happy.  Jack got a clean bill of health, and all his shots.

Jack weighs a healthy 10.3 pounds.  That means he's doubled in weight since his last visit a year ago. 

I thought he'd be all traumatized after we got home, but he was fine.  Just like his namesake, Brig. General Jack O'Neill of Stargate Command, he took it all in stride.

I suppose it's a reminder to us all, that while doing the right thing isn't always the most comfortable or least stressful, it sure feels good after the fact.

No comments: