Thursday, December 1, 2011

Can You Believe it's December Already?

Last year at this time - off my brother's back porch, South Jordan, Utah
We had gale force winds in my neck of the woods last night.  It caused all kinds of damage and this morning there are reports of over 100 toppled trees and power outages, particularly around the Pasadena area.  I'm thankful that my neighborhood was spared.  We experienced only a few downed tree limbs.

It's sunny and still very windy this morning.  Every traffic light was out in one of the cities I pass through on my way to work, so navigation was tricky!  I'm glad I got to work in one piece.  It was scary at the major intersections.

It's at times like these that I remind myself that I could be living somewhere where it actually snows.  (See above photo.)  At least we don't have to deal with snow and ice on a regular basis. 

That thought made me less cranky.

Then, when I finally made it to work and sat down at my desk, I discovered that it had somehow become December.  As much as I have wished for Christmas, that was a bit of a shock!  How did that happen?

I think someone is playing with the time/space continuum!  It's the only possible explanation.

So, I just wanted to warn you.  There are only 21 shopping days until Christmas (because you don't want to have to shop on the Sabbath!).

Consider yourself warned!

Oh, and Happy December!

No comments: