Friday, October 5, 2012

Once Again It's Time To Play - Where's Don?


Don resting in between choir concerts this summer
This coming Saturday and Sunday, join me in playing Where's Don?, that wacky General Conference game Jack and I play at my house the first weekends in October and April.  Of course, Jack, being a cat, doesn't play these kinds of games very well... so I bet I'll win.

Seriously, the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is broadcast from Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, on both Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend.  I'm looking forward to a real spiritual feast.  

I also really like "attending church" in my jammies with my kitty Jack and not having to play the organ, or teach a Sunday School class for one Sunday.  It's a nice break - unless, of course, you have been invited to speak or perform in one of the four general sessions - that would be a bit stressful, I think!  (So, good for you, Don!)

During General Conference we get to hear from the General Authorities of the church.  I can guarantee that every one of them is a delightful speaker.  

The first weekend in October... a special time for Latter-day Saints all over the world!

So, get your batteries recharged - give it a listen!  It's easy to tune in through BYU-TV or through the internet at www.lds.org.  There are links there for you to easily watch and listen.  Conference sessions are at 10 and 2 Mountain Standard time. (That's 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. for us Californians.)

Following Conference, video feeds will be posted almost immediately, and print versions of the talks will also be available by the following Wednesday on LDS.org.  It's easy to access and well worth the time.

One of the most fun things for me during Conference is to hear the gorgeous music of the choirs that perform during the sessions, the chief among them the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir.  My friend Meldee's husband Don sings with them.  We make it a game at our house to watch for Don in the choir loft!  He usually gets a close-up or two during the broadcasts.
Don
Conference always brings a wonderful Spirit into my home that makes the world seem a little bit brighter and my problems easier to bear. As always, I will keep a box of Kleenex close by.  I enjoy conference very much, but it usually touches me to the point of tears.   This is another reason I enjoy watching in the privacy of my own home.  I don't have to worry about my mascara running!

So, TUNE IN!  Come get spiritually fed.  Come hear a Prophet's voice. Make a positive change in your life.
It's so very worth it.

And if someone questions why you're watching the Mormons, just say you're playing "Where's Don?"  I'll back you up on that!

No comments: