Thursday, October 11, 2012

Eating Yanji

It's been a while since I've posted an update on my nephew and family in China.  So, I thought I'd mention the food...

It was interesting to me that in an obscure corner of China that there was a real attempt at making things "international", i.e. Western in their appeal!  I'm glad my nephew Daniel includes pictures of all the little things - including the food and shares these gastronomic delights with us.  I have to admit I'm very curious about China and its people, and hope you are too.

Yanji is way up in the northeast, close to the Korean border.  I can only assume it's getting very cold there right now.

Here are some more glimpses of the international hotel where Daniel stayed.
Mostly deserted cafe
The lights of the city (above) are beautiful at night.
Strange to see the Beatles in what looks like a Karaoke Bar in this faraway place

Chocolate Waffles - Yum!
These looked really good, but were not what I'd expected to see in this far away place!

Neither was this:
Hot chocolate with cream, cinnamon and a little love
Hot Chocolate from the coffee shop in the Yanbian International Hotel
Instead of looking exotically Eastern, it looks pretty Western to me!

I love the comfy chairs and the grand piano.  Thanks, Daniel, for another little glimpse of China.

No comments: