Monday, December 31, 2012

Winter Wonderland

A snowy home in Brownsburg, Indiana
My friend Scott, our Indiana correspondent, sent photos a few days ago of his snowy part of the world!  Beautiful, huh?

While I like snow, I have to admit that trying to live your everyday life in it is not a lot of fun.  So, to all you folks out there, living in snow... you have my sincere condolences.

After the snow plow has been through
Here in Southern California it's in the 40s and 50s (F) and we're all complaining about being cold.  (You may laugh if you want to, it's still cold for here.)  When I went outside last night, I could see my breath!  This is a big deal here.  And maybe in Arizona, too, just in case you are still laughing.

That's why I have to post photos of places like Indiana.  It helps ground me.  Tomorrow it will be time for the Rose Parade up in Pasadena and all you will see on TV will be clear skies and sunshine.  You won't understand how chilly it is - to us who live here.

Wherever you are, and whatever weather you are having - Happy New Year!

No comments: