Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An Oregon Christmas Card

Welcome Friends!
My friend Desiree, our Oregon-based correspondent, writes: "I decorated this wreath with all of my favorite things for Christmas so everyone who comes to my door is greeted by the beauty of the season."

A Christmas Amaryllis
The amaryllis bloomed last week just in time for Christmas!  Desiree writes that her kitties love to look at it, but she puts it out of the way in case they feel tempted to eat it!

Because they will...

The Holly and the Ivy
She continues: "My English Holly is decorating my gardens so beautifully.  I cut sprigs and made a beautiful centerpiece [for my table] with local noble fir boughs."


A Christmas Village
She also bought a bunch of miniature people and a bridge and made up a little Christmas village scene on a Styrofoam board.

I love this!  The little old-fashioned gas street lights look so festive.  I also love the little people.  My stepmom also has a Christmas village as part of her holiday decorations.

What special things do you do to decorate for the Christmas holiday?

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday!


No comments: