Friday, July 6, 2012

Visiting Hogwarts


If you've read J.K. Rowling's marvelous Harry Potter books, or seen the movies - and who hasn't? - these images will seem all too familiar!

A friend recently visited Hogwarts, the famous school of wizardry, and took these photos.  I'm happy he was willing to share them with me.


The ancient school looks pretty imposing.  The grounds are very beautifully kept.  

There were lots of other muggle visitors there on the day my friend visited.


I'm not sure what this is a photo of  (above) - but it's a cool study in chiaroscuro, (aka light and shadow) so I had to include it.


It's fun to see there is still snow on the houses in the village below the school.


The village streets were filled with happy shoppers and sight-seers, who look scantily clad considering the snow hasn't melted yet.  Hmmm.


This is one train that would be fun to ride!

This mini-vacation into fantasy has been brought to you by my friend Mark!
Great pictures. Thanks, Mark.


Anyone for Quidditch?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear there will be quidditch matches at the London Olympics!