Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Princesses

The other day at church, I noticed a friend of mine - a delightful, middle-aged, friend of mine, wearing Disney Princess earrings.

"I like your earrings," I said.  "Especially the tiny pink tiaras."  That's a sentence I never thought I would utter, but there truly were little pink tiaras dangling in the middle of the drop earring amongst the silver and crystal do-dahs.  They were subtle, but there.  Pink Tiaras. Yup.  I laughed and thought: You go, girl!

My friend only giggled in response.

I decided right then and there we need more Princesses and fewer Evil Queens in life.  Just in general.
My little friend Maren knows how to comport herself as a Princess. She and her little sister are terrific Princesses.  I am so sad that they are moving away from us!

My little friend Princess Maren
The way I see it, princesses are delightful to know and be around.  Princesses are sweet, kind and gentle in their ways.  They make you feel good about yourself.

Perhaps they wear a lot of pink, and love shoes (I'm just guessing on that one, but I think I'm right), and go all mushy over small cute animals and/or woodland creatures.  Maybe it depends on where the castle you call home is located as to what kind of woodland creatures you might get to meet, but you get the idea.

It's funny, actually.  These Princess types probably get their way more often than not, just by being nice and kind and sweet.

And when they sing, birds flock to them...

Okay, maybe not.

But let's hear it for the good princesses - large and small - wherever they are found!

No comments: