Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Warm July Day

I saw a tee-shirt in a catalog recently with the above quote on it.  I may have to order one.  It just hit a chord with me.  Maybe it's just that an awful lot of my friends have birthdays this month.  It has put me in a reflective mood.

I mean, my friends sure are getting older.  I don't know when I started hanging out with such a pack of older women.  It sort of crept up on us, too.

The other day, lounging about in a friend's Jacuzzi, the conversation drifted.  We found ourselves comparing our various medications, when it suddenly hit us  - good grief, we're reduced to this -  we're discussing our medications!

And then came the next thought - how dang old we all are these days..

Not my friend's Jacuzzi, but close enough

As always, that thought came as a surprise - because inside we're really only 29... still.

Really.

Although that mileage varies.  My mother used to protest that she was only 18 on the inside.  I think she may have had something there.

As I drove in to work this morning, there was a song on the radio that went something like:

You and I
We will dance 'til we die
We'll be young forever!

I chuckled to myself and thought: I remember that feeling.  Vaguely.

But, I have to add, as long as you are able to hang out in a Jacuzzi and have friends to share the moment with, life is still pretty good.

Hold that thought.

And Happy Birthday to the whole dang bunch of you July babies!

No comments: