Thursday, April 19, 2012

Congratulations to our Grads!


Jeff

Linnea
My beautiful, intelligent and exceptionally talented niece, Linnea, and her handsome, hard-working and incredibly gifted husband, Jeff, are graduating from BYU today.  (Note: I can say those things about them because (1) they are family and (2) I love them.  That doesn't make the statements any less true, I just felt the need for a disclaimer.  Your mileage may vary.)

BYU:  That's Brigham Young University, for those of you who don't recognize the acronym.  BYU is my alma mater, too. It is located in Provo, Utah.  It's a great school with a wonderful heritage.  Go blue! 

I got a kick out of the announcement they sent in the mail to me, so I had to share it with you.  It made me laugh.  It's all true, but it still made me laugh.

I'm sure glad Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet when I was in college. Actually, we didn't have PCs yet either when I was in college, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.  But, if there had been those things back then, I would have spent ALL my time on Facebook and might never have graduated!

Linnea and Jeff are two great kids, and I can't wait to see where they go and what they do, once they are cut loose from the University.  Whatever they do, I know it will be great.

Congratulations to Jeff and Linnea, and all you graduates out there - wherever you may be!


2 comments:

Marybeth said...

Happy for them both!

Colette said...

So proud of Jeff and Linnea! Hurrah!

I wish I'd been able to fly out for their party.