Friday, March 16, 2012

Getting Close!

Barb at 35 weeks
My long-suffering friend and co-worker, Barbara, has been a good sport about my attempts to follow her pregnancy via my blog.  Here she is at 35 weeks. 

She keeps complaining that she looks terrible and is cranky.  However, I think she looks great.  And cranky?  Not really.  I see her nearly every day, and I think she's been in a very positive and cheerful mood since she first broke the news to us so many moons ago.  Which is pretty darn amazing.
Now, that's a Baby Bump!
It won't be long now.  According to a medical website I accessed, birth normally occurs at 40 weeks, although a normal range is from 37-42.  In other words, this baby is coming soon!  We estimate anywhere from 2 weeks, to a month from now, although I think her actual due date is in 3 weeks.

I suppose we'll see.

In the meantime, Barbara's little girl is moving, kicking, and growing - right on schedule! 

I've been told I will have to get a Whooping Cough (pertussis?) shot or I can't hold the baby.  I guess I'd better get right on that.

A part of me wonders if this little girl, currently waiting on the other side of the veil from mortality, is getting excited too?  Do you think she's a little nervous about getting a body and going through her earthlife experience here?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting excited about meeting this child. 

No comments: