Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Friday Night Out

I went with some friends on Friday night to dinner and the theatre.  It was supposed to be a fun evening, but ended up being rather crazy when we didn't get served our meals at the restaurant until 7:45... when we had tickets for the theatre with an 8 p.m. curtain!

Luckily, it was a local restaurant and the theatre was the community theatre, only 5 minutes away!  We snarfed as much of our delicious entrees as we could, then grabbed some to-go boxes and high-tailed it to the theatre.

The lights started dimming and the first sound cue was heard before my bottom hit my seat!  We just barely made it!  But we DID make it.  The show was a lot of fun, and helped me decompress from a very hectic week.

We ended up at Marie's for pie - that's when I remembered I hadn't taken a single picture as I had planned. David did the honors, and so you have some silly pictures of me and Peggy eating our desserts.
Let's hear it for silly evenings with good friends.

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Sounds like a fun evening! Glad you got to your blog.