Monday, August 1, 2011

Good McMorning!

Did you know there is a McDonald's restaurant right on the Champs d'Élysées in Paris?
A-yup.

(Hint) This isn't it:

Morning in Pico Rivera

Okay.  True confessions time.  My guilty pleasure is to pick up breakfast here at this Mickey D's on my way to work.  It saves me having to cook and I get to see the familiar friendly faces of the employees here at this location.  This is in Pico Rivera, so they are pretty much all Hispanic.  Maybe that's why they are such a nice bunch.  And they really are nice people  They know I like extra salsa for my breakfast burrito without me asking.  Which probably tells you way too much about me and my bad habits!

But, when you live alone, there's a lot to be said for seeing nice people first thing in the morning, who ask you how you are doing today and give you a big smile.  In return, I counsel Cesar, the cashier, on how his mother is right when she says, 'no more tattoos, mijo'!  And I tell the manager how much I like his staff.

You can't put a price on that personal interaction.  It's certainly worth the price of a breakfast burrito.

Gracias.

1 comment:

Nicole and Andy said...

Great post! And anytime you want to 'secretly' visit Micky D's, I'm there with you:) mmmm, McGriddles...