Saturday, July 30, 2011

Good Friends

Lauri
When two old thespians get together, there's always a lot of story-telling and laughter.  My friend Lauri is one of the finest comic actresses around.  I consider myself blessed to have shared the stage with her a time or two.  [Among other productions, we've done Blithe Spirit, Camelot, and, more recently, It's a Wonderful Life together,]  In a perfect world she would be rich and famous and entertaining millions on a regular basis...  Instead, she occasionally graces the small stage at Whittier Community Theatre, and uses her talents to entertain the students she teaches and inspires.

I really enjoy getting together with her.  We recently spent a few hours together for a nice, relaxing steak dinner.  As much as I think there are great benefits to a vegetarian lifestyle, I have to admit there is nothing like a good steak every once in a while.  We got a special that included ribs and prawns.  Oh yum.  Hog heaven. 

We don't see each other often, so it was great to catch up. Good food, good friends and laughter are such a great combination.


Yours Truly


No comments: