Saturday, August 20, 2011

Come Follow Me...

There's a hymn that begins:
"Come Follow Me," the Saviour said, then let us in His footsteps tread..

Sabrina with Elder Smith and Elder Stout, two of my favorite guys
A lovely young woman named Sabrina did exactly that - follow in Christ's footsteps - this evening.  She was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by someone who had the proper authority from God to do so.  It was a big step for this courageous and truly choice young woman.

I'm so glad I was there.   Many of our ward members, and a large group of our ward Young Women were there too.  The young women even sang a special number.
Bishop Rodriguez greets Sabrina's family

The Rosales family

An "action" shot of Sabrina and Sister Boren, the YW President

There were lots of big hugs

Sister Rex with Sabrina and her mother
I should have gotten a better picture of Sabrina with not just Sister Rex, but the whole Rex family.  Sabrina is a good friend of their daughter, and they are the ones who introduced her to the Gospel.  Brother Rex performed the baptism. 

I know I have said it before in this blog, but to me there are no sweeter words in the English language than these: Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ.. I've been to countless baptisms in my life and those words never fail to touch my heart.


Sabrina is truly loved by the young women of our ward. You could just see it in their faces as they took turns hugging her...

...and hugging her...


..and hugging her!  Even the Bishop's wife gave her a hug.
Welcome to our ward, Sabrina!  You have an exciting adventure ahead of you.

3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Marianne, I'm so glad you take pictures and post them. We love reading your blog!

Nicole and Andy said...

Reading this post makes me want to print it out and give it to Sabrina to keep. Great post!

BrinaBaby said...

awwww Thank you soo much. Thank you for coming and thank you for blogging about it Thanks <3