Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation to Paradise

I don't know about you, but I'm not getting a vacation this year.  As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I had any real vacation at all!  So, when one of my co-workers took some time off to visit Honduras, I was (as Scarlet O'Hara would have said) pea green with envy.
When she returned from this Caribbean paradise, I asked if I could post some of her pictures.  They were just too beautiful not to be seen!
I wish I could just walk right into this picture and order up a virgin pina colada and a seafood salad.  Doesn't the water look inviting?  I love all that white sand and the clear ocean.
I didn't know Honduras was so lovely.  My friend said that cruise ships come through here every so often, but between cruises it's almost deserted.  I think it looks too perfect, as if it can't be real - like a movie set.  You almost expect a swashbuckling hero to appear with his pirate ship at any moment... or at least that guy on the horse from those commercials.  Yeah, you know the one.
This mini-vacation moment has been (sigh) brought to you by your favorite aunt.
Photos courtesy of E. Sorto

No comments: