Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Year Anniversary

I got Jack a year ago this week.  It doesn't seem like that much time has passed by already!  I must admit we had a bit of a stressful period of time getting to know each other.  I had just come out of a 20 year relationship with another cat, and Jack was young and frightened.  It took us a few weeks to get to know each other.  Now, we rub along fairly well together.  It's a process.
This morning, Jack was having a good time playing with his Turbo Track.  He still shows a lot of enthusiasm for the game.
 All I had to say was, "Jack, I want to take some pictures, can you pose for a minute by the track?"
I think he did a very good job of posing.  He's so sweet and obedient.  He kept fairly still and stared at the ball until I got a good shot.  Thanks, Jack!

And then I noticed his little bit of kitty engineering - a tiger tail shimmy - obviously applied to make the track run more smoothly:

It cracked me up.

And, yes.  He placed the flower there, too.  He stole it from my "Time Out" doll's back pocket and carries it around the house with him.

A friend told me I named him after the wrong Richard Dean Anderson TV character.  Instead of Jack O'Neill, he should have been called MacGyver.

Ya think?

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Happy Anniversary!