Thursday, February 16, 2012

Theatre in London

Wicked at the Apollo Victoria
I wish I could say these were my photos of a fabulous theatre weekend in London a few weeks ago, but alas they belong to a dear friend.  I'm afraid he had the fabulous theatre weekend, and has graciously allowed me to post them here.  I'm just the one who is pea-green with envy.
That delightful musical Mamma Mia is still playing at the Prince of Wales theatre in Leicester Square 
It's been many years since I attended the theatre in London.  I remember a wild night seeing Les Miserables and then dashing off to catch the last train to Sittingbourne.  We laughed a lot that night.   
The 39 Steps at the Criterion
 I love England.  I've spent some wonderful times visiting there.
London girls in the cold
I suppose visiting London in February has its drawbacks, like snow and ice and cold.  Still, it looks like fun.  And that kind of weather just makes indoor comforts seem cosier.
 `
Piccadilly Circus and the Eros, or Angel of Christian Charity if you prefer, statue in the snow
You can just see the lights from the London Theatre behind the monument (above).  In the summer this area would be covered in tourists.
Big Ben in the sunshine before the storm
Hope you enjoyed this mini-vacation.

No comments: