Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Exploring Hidden Talents

My friend Jill recently moved up to the Pacific Northwest. 

While there, she has been exploring her artistic side by taking an art class.  I think she has been rather successfully developing a latent talent for painting.  That first picture is my favorite of all of them.  Which one do you like best?

 I think it's fun to explore one's talents by taking a class totally removed from our normal life. 

As someone once said, everyone is an artist at age 4.  We tend to lose our creativity as we get older.  Taking a class can often open up channels of creativity that have been closed or bottled up for years.

Jill says she has been having lots of fun with the class.  I think she shows promise!
Have you tried something new, something out of the ordinary, lately?  Something that pushed your horizons?

Don't be afraid to try something new, whether it be painting, playing a musical instrument or learning a craft of some kind.

It's never too late!
You might discover a new talent, or just have a really good time.  I think having an unexpectedly good time is one of the joys of life.
 It can not only be a lot of fun.  But you might discover a talent you didn't know you had.

I always knew my friend Jill was an excellent writer, but I had no idea she could paint.  According to Jill, neither did she!

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the ocean one. Think she'll ever paint a palm tree?

-Scott