Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stormy Weather

Ominous clouds over Monterey Park
We had a storm sweep through Southern California yesterday.  The entire day was gloomy with occasional showers and sprinkles on the hill where I work.
My former office building
In some places it was snowing and hailing.  It was quite a spectacle here and also quite unusual.  Despite the clouds and a few sprinkles, though, it didn't really rain on me until I got home.  And as much as I love rain, I'm grateful the roads were mostly dry as I drove home in rush hour traffic. 

But around 8:30 in the evening, the heavens opened.  We had a lot of thunder, and it really poured for a while.
Jack wasn't sure what to make of the weather
The thunder scared Jack.  I tried to calm him down, holding him and telling him it was okay.  I tried to explain what thunder was - yes, I am nuts - then finally gave up and just reassured him that he was safe - but he jumped out of my arms and started pacing the living room.  After every peal of thunder, he would start growling!

He was marching through the living room growling at the thunder - and had to check out the window to see what was going on out there!
...he was ready to take on the monster outside!
Of course, it was dark and there wasn't much to see, except that the sidewalk outside was wet.

The little storm passed within the hour, but I was rather proud of my little boy.  He was ready to go to battle, take on the thunder and protect us, no matter what!

My hero.

No comments: