Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Fun

Kids in South Jordan, Utah prepare for a night of Trick-or-Treating
How did you spend last night?  I remember Halloween being one of my favorite holidays when I was a kid. I mean, you got to dress up, act silly, and beg for candy.  Lots of candy.

What's not to like?

I'm glad that kids all over the United States (and other places) still get to enjoy Halloween fun.

Jay and Christian at the pumpkin patch
 It starts with picking the perfect pumpkin.

I'd like to take home the one in blue, please!  (Just kidding)
This is my handsome nephew Christian
Once you bring home that perfect pumpkin, you have to carefully carve it.


Christian's parents must really trust him.  I don't remember mom and dad letting me carve a pumpkin.  Ever.  They were sure I was going to accidentally kill myself with sharp objects.


Christian's pumpkin turned out pretty good!

This Jack-O-Lantern looks pretty scary
The new kitty at Christian's house, Gabby, is checking out the results.  Jack, the kitty at my house, enjoys pumpkin flavors.  Maybe Gabby does, too!


Meanwhile, back in California, my friends Aaron, Noah and Bianca are happily handing out treats at their house to all the Trick-or-Treaters.

Noah, age 8, dressed as a bush so he could hide and scare the kids.  

I'm told he had a terrific time doing this!

Noah the bush, Bianca and older brother Aaron on the front porch
I think a moving bush would have scared me!

Aaron's clown face is really scary, too!


Bianca was a little frightened of the clown at first,
but she seems to have gotten into the spirit of things pretty quickly!
Bianca is only a year and a half, but she's owning that Minnie Mouse costume!

Back in Utah, we see a very scary character!

I think this is my nephew Nils.
I'm not positive.  Looks pretty scary to me!
I'm not sure I'd want to meet this character on a dark night!

Even if he is my nephew!


Looks like Christian agrees.

Christian chose a more benign look for his Halloween costume!

Lego man!
Lego man looks like he took a punch to the jaw...

But it's a really inventive costume, that I believe Christian made himself.


Hey, Christian!  Pretty cool costume!

Here's to the little kid in all of us - whether large or small!  I hope kids of all ages still have fun with Halloween for generations to come.



No comments: