Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh, What Do You Do?

Christian caught a fish!
There is a Primary song that I sang as a child, written by a sweet lady named Dorothy Andersen, who is 85 years old this year.  It has been going through my head ever since I saw what my nephew Christian had been up to on his summer vacation to his grandparents in Washington state.
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you fish in a stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by?
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?
Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green? Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky?Is that what you do?
So do I!

Christian not only got to fish in the lake, he got to see his brother Anders march in a parade!  And I'm pretty sure there was some lemonade involved in there somewhere.

Seattle Mariner's Stadium

He also got to see the Mariner's baseball team play.  From here it looks like he had a pretty good seat, too!

Sounds like a pretty good summer so far.

I hope you are all having a good one, too!



No comments: