Monday, July 11, 2011

4 Birthdays & a BBQ

Amazingly, I have two girlfriends with July 6th birthdays, so I was forced to celebrate twice (yes, huge hardship!) last week.  First, Elaine and I enjoyed a birthday cookie with fruit and ice cream.

I promised I wouldn't take her picture, but I managed to get 3 fingers (Yikes, I didn't see her right hand!  Make that 7 fingers) and a thumb in there - ha!  They're cute, aren't they?

Then the next day, Rose and I enjoyed a quiet dinner and lots of talk.  I love my friend Rose.  She's a good lady.


Then as if that wasn't enough, there was the big party with the gang for Elaine, plus Abbie and Jackie.  They celebrated their birthdays with masses of presents and cards.  It was mayhem, I tell you!  Almost too much fun for one week.

 

Maura was a good sport, and carried Barbara - well the iPad that was Barb - around a good part of the evening.  Barbara was participating in this shindig from Virginia via Skype.  God Bless Skype.

Hi Barb! It's great that you can virtually attend our functions.  (Hi Maura, you look great in pink!)

The surprise of the evening was a superb grilled dinner by our personal chef, master barbequer Mark.
A good time was had by all.  Happy Birthday everyone!

2 comments:

Nicole and Andy said...

Skype IS awesome! Wait, was your birthday the 6th too??

Auntie Em said...

No, just the ladies mentioned in the post: Rose, Elaine, Jackie and Abbie.