Thursday, July 7, 2011

Celebrating in Seattle

4th of July, 2011
My brother Jay got a little creative this 4th of July with his camera!  I think these shots are terrific, so I had to share them.
4th of July above Seattle, Washington
Nope, it's not a UFO... just more fireworks!  Jay said they had great seats up above the place where the houseboat was anchored in the movie, Sleepless In Seattle.  He and the whole family had a great viewing vantage point for Seattle's annual fireworks display.  He said the whole sound and light show was pretty fantastic, and they could even hear the music and narration very well.
Seattle with Mount Rainier looming
I guess the skies above Seattle have been clear, although the temperatures have been cool.  I could sure wish for some of that down here in La-La land!  It's been hot and very humid here - unless, of course, you're at the beach.  Sadly, I'm in a very warm office every day.  (Not that I'm sad about being gainfully employed!)  However, for some reason the a/c doesn't cool my part of the building very well. 

It's to be expected for this time of year, I know.  Summer is just not my favorite time of year.  I take comfort in the fact that, although it's very warm here, it's nowhere near Phoenix temps in the 118 degree (F) range.

The date is 7-07-11 today!  Not that it means anything, but the double 7s and the 11 just look cool together, and perhaps a certain convenience market chain is having a significant moment of some kind.

Sorry.  It's the heat.  Makes me babble.  C'est mon histoire et j'y reste fidèle.

No comments: