Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Morfs Celebrate Their 50th

My brother's In-Laws are two of the nicest people on the planet.  I have grown to love them dearly, and I love it that when we see each other we sit down for a real gab fest every time.  As I believe I have mentioned before, to my niece and nephews they are called by the Swedish Mormor and Morfar (literally Mother's mother and Mother's father), and nick-named the Morfs.
Here is their wedding picture, from 50 years ago.

Merwyn and Britt
Here is a wonderful picture Linnea took of them a few weeks ago.  Don't you just love it when you hear a marital success story?  I mean, it just shows that it IS possible to love someone, marry them and truly live happily ever after.  How nice to have someone loving and kind to weather the storms of life with.

It's no accident that the cake was decorated in Swedish colors!

Hans, Arne, Eric, Britt, Merwyn, Kirsti and Anna
Here are the Morfs with five of their six children.  (I believe Linnea took all the pictures, with the exception of the Morfs wedding photo! That was a bit before her time.  For more of Linnea's wonderful photos, see LinneaFarnsworthPhotography.com.)

I'm sure glad my brother went to that Swedish club dance umpteen years ago and met a little blond girl named Kirsti.  I can't imagine what my life would have been without the association of these terrific people.  And I kinda sorta think my brother would have missed out on a lot of good stuff, too.  Ya think?

No comments: