Monday, July 25, 2011

Memory Lane

 John Foster and Lillemor at Frogner Park in Oslo, following his LDS missionary service in Germany.  John and his mother found the LDS church and joined when John was in high school.  I remember the surprise of seeing him at the old Phoenix 5th ward chapel one Sunday.  "I know you!" I said.  We had gone to the same grade school. 

LDS people often say, "I don't know where I'd be if it weren't for the Gospel."  John would always chuckle and comment, "I know where I'd be.  Central Methodist!"

Methodists evidently make great Mormons.

Sister Foster, John and Lillemor
These pictures have to be from the early 70s.  John got to tour Europe with his mother following his mission and went north to visit my aunt in Norway.

Sister Foster was a wonderful woman, and one of the pillars of the old Phoenix 5th ward.  I remember her fondly.  She had a brilliant mind, read voraciously, and was always interested in everything

Upon his return to the USA, John married, had a gazillion kids, and became a high school counsellor and Scout leader in Utah.

I found these pictures when going through some old stuff, and thought people might get a kick out of them.

No comments: