Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Leaf on Greenleaf

AN ART!
I nearly had an accident this morning as I was driving down the main street in Uptown where I live.  There was AN ART just springing up right in front of the public parking garage boldly standing where no art has stood before.

Since I've recently been down this street and don't remember seeing this, I can only assume it's fairly new.  It's tall!  And it's really beautifully detailed. 


 
By the way, my friends coined the term "An ART" long ago as a catch phrase for all public art - most of which is abstract and often seems oddly out of place.  I must admit, though, this "An Art" fits in well.  I got a kick out of it. 

The idea of a giant green leaf on Greenleaf Avenue is appropriate - and more than a little humorous.

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

I'll have to check this out.