Friday, March 6, 2015

The BIG Hug

Jack at the foot of my chair
So, I came home from the dentist the other day needing a hug.  I mean, don't we all need a hug when we get home from the dentist? So, I asked Jack, since he was the only other living soul around, if he would give me one.

I expected him to jump into my lap.

Jack thinking

Instead, he immediately gave me a small head butt on my leg.

I wondered about that for a second!  I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Jack," I said gently.  "That wasn't a very big hug.  I need a really big hug, please."

With that, he gave me a really BIG head-butt with all his little might, then finished if off with a somersault twist, ending upside down at my feet.

That somersault ending puts all other hugs to shame!

Now, I call that a BIG HUG.

It really brightened my day.

Thanks, Jack.  You give terrific hugs.  Keep up the good work.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
May you get your quota of hugs in unexpected ways, too!


No comments: