Friday, August 30, 2013

Come on, Let's Play!

Playing Grocery store is fun from both sides of the counter
The Discovery Gateway Children's Museum is located in the Gateway Mall in downtown Salt Lake City. Fredrik discovered it's a fun place to play!

I remember loving to play like this when I was a kid.  I would have really had fun in this place when I was 4 yrs-old. However, as an adult, grocery shopping hasn't the same allure!

                    
I have no idea what this contraption (above) is, but it looks like fun!

The Children's Museum has all kinds of interactive, hand-on exhibits for children to learn and play.

Playing - that's the best way to learn, don't you think?

I remember having some fun miniature versions of real-life items.  But my favorites were always my dolls.

Barbie and Ken
I had my Tiny Tears and my Miss Revlon dolls.  But the best was that wanton charmer, Barbie.  My mother used to quip, "That doll has more clothes than I do!"

There was one year I got a little oven that actually baked cakes.  I remember it being similar to this one:


I believe I was 8 years old at the time.  I also got a little washing machine that didn't actually wash clothes, but was awfully cute.
Isn't the wringer on top a funny thing to see now?


What was your favorite thing to play or play with as a child?


No comments: