Thursday, August 29, 2013

Glimpses of London

Beautiful Eva (left) and the munchkins
I have a dear Norwegian friend named Eva who is currently living in Australia.  I haven't seen her for more years than I care to count, but we keep in touch through electronic media (hooray for technology!).  Eva recently ventured back to Norway for a visit, and then took a quick trip down to London with her friend Greta and their daughters, just for the shopping.

The Tourist Jam around Buckingham Palace
Well, shopping and sightseeing!

One of the famous Coldstream Guards
Wouldn't you like to just bop on down to London for a little shopping?

Yeah, me too.
Close-up of the gates at Buckingham Palace

I love those big black cars
Here come the horse guards!  Cool.


Good thing the traffic lights can accommodate the horses!

Don't you just love this?
 Then lets take a stroll through the park...                   



I really love London.  It's a a beautiful and fun city.


Marble Arch


I had a Sassoon hair cut in the 60s.  I was cool back then.
For about 5 minutes
A bronze plaque (below) to say Hooray for Shopping!  Selfridges is a famous department store.


And of course, it wouldn't be a trip to London without seeing a red double-decker bus!

The famous London double-decker buses


I have no idea what some of these shots are, but they give you a feel for the city.  (Hey, if you know what they are, write and tell me!)


After all that walking, it's time for a break!

Eva having lunch
For all you Doctor Who fans, too bad we couldn't have gotten them to take a photo of a blue Police Call Box.  However, I've heard they are getting hard to find.

Now that everyone seems to have cell phones, even the red phone booths may soon become a thing of the past.
Greta and her daughter
Thank you, Eva, for sharing your photos with us.  It's always nice to take a little armchair trip to somewhere far away!

No comments: