Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rain!


ELAC students in the rain
 Remember things we said as children when it started raining?

"It's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring" or "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!"

I don't feel that way.  I mean, about the "rain go away" part.  I personally don't care whether an old man snores or not.  Whatever.

My point is, it hasn't rained around here - really rained - since maybe March.  I like the rain, so yesterday's rainstorm was welcome.

And it truly was a wonderful rainy day yesterday.  I ended up going out for a fast food lunch and just sitting in a parking lot across from East Los Angeles Community College watching the rain.  It poured steadily the entire time I sat there.

I was a happy camper.

Even the flowers looked happy

Traffic slowed to a crawl


I didn't care


No comments: