Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fun with the little Peanuts!

I have the best family in the whole world.

Now, I don't want you to feel bad, or think I'm belittling your family experience in any way, because I'm not - but I do have a great family.  I love my brother.  My sister-in-law is the absolute greatest woman alive, and their kids are terrific.

Seriously.

The only problem is that they live 625 miles away.  So, when my brother announced that he and the family were coming to visit me in honor of my birthday, I was so excited!

My brother and sister-in-law
 We were able to fit quite a few fun things in to the short time we had together.

My two youngest nephews
 We went to Knott's Berry Farm and had a really terrific time.  The weather was just beautiful and there were few people in the park on a weekday during the day.  In the evening Knott's has their Scary Farm at this time of the year, so I think most adults go then.  It made the daytime really relaxed and almost quiet.  There was no wait for rides and plenty of seats for the other attractions.

We really enjoyed ourselves and had a good time just being together.

Waiting for the Peanuts Spooktacular!


Lucy, Linus and Dorothy doing the Time Warp
 Let me just say, I never thought I'd ever see the Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show done as a children's song.  Ever.  But it cleans up rather nicely.  I was worried that the Peanuts Show would be a bit childish for our 9 year-old, but we all enjoyed the Peanuts characters and the Halloween themed music and dancing. 

I'll post more of our adventures later.

I had so much fun!

No comments: