Thursday, September 10, 2015

TBT: Family Reunion


The Evensen Clan reunion in Durango, Colorado, in 1956 or 57.  I'm probably four years old. That's me sitting on the floor, second from the right.

I remember this being a fun time for us all.

Let's see if I can remember all these names!

Top row (L to R):  My dad's cousin Fred from Tooelle, Cousin Ronald, Uncle Wendell, Uncle Celdon, Uncle Clifford, my Dad Glenn, Uncle Maurice, Cousin Val, and Cousin Gary
Middle row (seated in chairs, L to R): Dad's Cousin Fred's wife Ellen, Aunt Zada, Cousin Elaine (Uncle Clifford's daughter), Aunt Elma (Clifford's wife), Grandpa Evensen, my mother Anne, Aunt Margaret (Maurice's wife) is next to my mother holding her two youngest children, Jimmy and Beverly, on her lap; and finally, Cousin Karen (Clifford's daughter) is at the end of the row
Front row (on the floor, L to R): Cousin Tim, Cousin Chris, and Cousin Jeanne Kaye (all three Zada's children), Uncle Maurice's daughters Deborah and Annita, Me, and Uncle Maurice's son David

I thought my older boy cousins, Val and Gary, were very handsome.  They were young teens at the time.  I also really looked up to my girl cousins, Deborah and Annita, but they were just a bit older than I and weren't particularly interested in playing with me.

My father was one of 10 children: seven sons and three daughters (Uncle Norman and Aunt Agda are missing from this photo).  I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 first cousins.  We lived far away from family most of my growing up years, so I have few memories of get-togethers such as this.  I wish I knew my cousins better, but I never really had the chance to get to know them very well.

Now, it's on to the next generation.

Here's my brother Jay (not even a glimmer in anyone's eye when the above photo was taken), his wife, and their four grandchildren (in order of their ages: Fredrik, Livia, Annika and Olaf).


The family marches on into the 21st Century!



No comments: