Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Puddle Wonderful!

An extremely unusual sight out the front window
I didn't want to believe it when the weatherman predicted rain for today.  I didn't want to get my hopes up.  We've lived with drought for four years now and you get to a point you don't want to be disappointed.  I love rain, so imagine how delightful it was to wake up at 4 a.m. and hear rain falling on the bedroom windows.

Woo-Hoo!
Salt Lake TRAX station
My brother says Salt Lake is getting it too, however theirs is a cold storm.  Ours is a remnant from Hurricane Linda in the south and is a warm storm.

They are both wet, though!

I am happy.

I'm not sure of my brother's reaction.  He sees his storm as the beginning of winter.  I see our storm as a beginning of a long-awaited El Nino season of much-needed rain.
Rain-soaked Jay
They are getting lots of rain in Salt Lake as I type this.  It's still raining here, too.

Huzzah!

No comments: