Monday, March 10, 2014

Springing Forward

I believe my Spring may be broken
Oooooh.  Daylight Savings Time.  How I hate it.

I try to be upbeat on this blog, but I truly have trouble with DST.  It was hard getting up for church yesterday, and harder getting up for work this morning.

Even Jack, my cat, was having trouble this morning.  Yesterday he was all, like, "WOW!  Mom's getting up early! Cool!"  This morning he was more like, "You're doing this AGAIN?  What's the matter with you?"

Yes, Jack.  It's call Daylight Savings Time and it really stinks, doesn't it?  It messes with your body clock, and your head.  Traffic accidents increase following the time change.  Heart attacks spike.

You'd think we'd get the message.

Ben Franklin, father of DST
I blame Ben Franklin.  Not that he was a bad man.  He just lived in the day before electrical lights, when it made sense to want to increase your daylight hours.  These days... well, you've already read my opinion on the subject.

So, to all my friends in Arizona - aren't you lucky you don't have to put up with this?  And to all the rest of you - good luck.  For the next couple of weeks, as the change takes effect, you're going to need it!

No comments: