Thursday, March 13, 2014

Consider the Lilies of the Field



Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 

(Matt. 6:28-29)

This is the tree at the end of the alleyway that runs behind our apartment building.  Beautiful, isn't it?  

I like pink.

With all the turmoil in the world, and all the sad things in the news, we often have to make an effort to remind ourselves that God is in charge and all things will ultimately work together for our good, if we but trust in Him.

I love that God has given us not just the things to sustain life, but to "delight the eye and gladden the heart."  
How cool is that?  I really love Heavenly Father for doing that.  What a brilliant interior decorator He is!  

How delightful are His creations!


My little Jack cat, one of  God's more delightful creations!
I hope wherever you are, you are enjoying some beautiful weather.

I also hope that you will take a moment or two and stop to smell the flowers and enjoy the beauty that's around you.


These are the flowers - agapanthus - at my local McDonalds

I'm still having real problems adjusting to the time change.  However, here's a thought for today:  Just as the seasons change, so do our lives.  Nothing ever remains the same for long.

Change is the one constant.

Try to enjoy each season as it comes.  We will never pass this way again.



No comments: