Friday, March 7, 2014

My Guy Jack

Jack O'Neill
This is my boy Jack.  He was all curled up on the sofa last night, on top of several large pillows, so I had to take a photo of him.  I asked him to smile for the camera, and he posed so prettily for me, only moving his head at the very last minute because it took longer than he thought it should.

Jack is a bit impatient when it comes to my picture taking.  Still, it turned out pretty well for a quick snapshot.

As you can see, he's all wrapped up in my shawl - you know, the beautiful green one I bought for special occasions. The expensive one, meant for evenings out on the town.  It is a very soft fabric. Jack likes this material a lot.  He kneads on it.  He curls up on it.  He has generally made it his.

I'm afraid it's snagged a bit now.  Not the luxurious wrap it once was.  That's life with a cat.  Most everything I own bears the Mark of Jack. Cats have no concept of keeping things nice.

Of course, you say, I'm the crazy cat lady who lets him do these kinds of things.

Yes. I am.

I suppose it's a small price to pay for that sweet little face watching for me at the window when I come home at night.  Or the little paw that likes to tap me and remind me it's time to get up in the morning.  Love you, little guy!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


No comments: