Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Bird Park


There is a bird park sanctuary in Shenyang, China.  Fred and Livia had a chance to visit there.

I wish I knew more about the wildlife there to share with you.  But I don't.

I hope you can enjoy the pictures anyway.  Feel free to comment on how clueless I am.
Fred likes chickens... or does he?


This little guy  - a long-necked goose, I believe - looks as interested in the photographer as we are in him!  I think he's quite charming.  'Hi goosie gander!  Wither do you wander?'

Fred meets a peacock

Recycle bins keep the park tidy

This is a pretty interesting chicken!
In the picture above doesn't it look like that guy in the magazine is spying on the chicken?  Ha!


It looks cold!

My grandfather would take me to see the ducks when I was little, too.  He would always cut bread into cubes to feed to them.  We would attract large flocks of all kinds of birds around us as we threw our bread cubes to the ducks.

Looks like these guys are pretty curious about the tourists, even without the bread cubes.


I bet this park is lovely in the summertime.
An ostrich or an emu?  Ostrich, I think.  Can you tell the difference?
Remember the children's book about "Ping, the little duck on the Yangtze river"?  This next picture makes me think of him.


Fred finds it all very interesting
I love that jacket, Fred.

I want one, too.

Peacocks are lovely, but their screams are creepy

These fellows look like the "G-Men" of the bird world, with their black suits on!
This seems like a lovely sanctuary.  Thanks for visiting with me!

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Birds are neat. Fred is too. :)