Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Boys


These are my nephews: Larry, Curly and Moe.

Oops.  No, those are someone else's nephews.

Let me start again.  These are my nephews, Anders, Christian and Nils.  This photo was taken on Easter Sunday this year.  You will note the rather large Easter Basket that Christian is holding.

Yup.  They were out hunting for Easter eggs.

My brother took this photo with one of his old circa 1950 cameras on black and white film. He collects old cameras much like our father did.  In fact, this photo reminds me of pictures my folks and their folks took back in the day.  My brother even made a comment to the effect that this was one of those photos that the boys will look at years from now and say, "look how young we were back then."

I think he's right.  The years buzz along so quickly.  Christian is starting to get his growth spurt.  In a couple of years he'll look nothing like he does at this moment in time.

I happen to think these are some of the greatest kids on earth.  I may be delusional, but that, my friends, is my prerogative, being their Aunt.

They are all pretty handsome, too, these nephews of mine.

That opinion, I fear, also comes with aunt territory, but I firmly believe every kid needs someone who thinks they are perfectly terrific (if not perfect).  So, that is my job.  My self-appointed job.  Because the years do pass too quickly and they grow up so very fast.




2 comments:

Linnea said...

Ha- Larry, Curly and Moe seems about right most of the time with those three.

It's weird to think how quickly Christian will grow soon - I came across some old pictures of Anders the other day from age 12 or so and the difference was startling. When did he get so old??

Kirsti said...

I like the Larry, Curly, and Moe reference too! Time just passes faster as I age!