Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Celebrations

Easter in Norway
I love the above photo, with the beautiful Norwegian horse and a sleigh carrying my good friends Bente and Jan-Åke and their family over the Easter weekend.

It makes me feel embarrassed to admit that my Easter was fairly warm.  I wore a short-sleeved dress to church, and brought a light sweater with me to slip on in case I got chilly - from the air conditioning.

Still, the Norwegian version of Easter has its perks.  Sleigh riding looks a lot of fun!

Here in the States, my family had a more sedate Easter, gathering for a meal with friends.  It doesn't look quite the same as it used to, with Daniel and his family now living in China, and Linnea and Jeff living far away in Washington, D.C., but it does still look like home.
My family and friends
However you celebrate, Easter is such a marvelous time to be with family.  It is the yearly reminder that we can be with our loved ones forever.

Sounds good to me.

No comments: