Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Oreo Cookie Ball Pops!


I recently attended a party where my friend Joyce had made cake balls.  Yummy yummy cake balls.  Cake balls on a stick, so they were really easy to eat, like cake lollipops.

They were actually fashioned out of crushed Oreo cookies and cream cheese, coated in chocolate, with the bottoms dipped in candy coating.

OH MY GOODNESS!

Talk about delicious!  These were truly scrumptious.  There were three different flavors: chocolate/chocolate; chocolate/mint and chocolate/raspberry.

I'm not sure if they should be called Oreo Cookie Balls, Oreo Cake Balls or what... but whatever they are called, they are rich, creamy cake and chocolate.  What more can you ask for?

You can easily look up the recipe online - they're on the Nabisco Oreo website - and other places as well.  They're not hard to make, either.  I submit, however, that Joyce's were outstanding and would be hard to beat in a taste contest.

We all decided she needed to open a shop and sell them.  She would become rich in no time.

Party-goer Max the cat inspects the pops
One by one, you could hear party-goers all over the house take a bite and then exclaim in raptures how good they were.

"Ummmm!"

"Oh!"

"MRF! Um!  Yum!"  (Actual quote.)

"Oh my goodness, these are good!"

"Yummm!"

"Wow."

It was the treat "hit" of the evening!

Sadly, being made of mostly chocolate, they were off-limits to Max, the cat!  But he was sure interested in the pretty cellophane wrapping and ribbons!

They were color coded: green for mint, pink for berry, and purple (far right) for plain chocolate

I took a few home with me.  Now I'm going into withdrawal.  I need Joyce to make more soon.

Real soon.

No comments: