Thursday, September 6, 2012

Idyllic Vacation Time

With most all the kids in America back to school this week, it might be time for one last post of summer  nostalgia.

It's been years since I had a real vacation, so you can't blame me for feeling a bit nostalgic, and maybe a little jealous, over these assorted photos of my nephew Christian's vacation this summer.

He got to spend some time with his grandparents, play in the water, go fishing, and enjoy cook-outs.
Christian and Morfar
 Sounds good to me!
 Christian looks like he's wishing for steak...
Tube steak anyone?
Just fishing!

A little cabin in the woods
Christian's grandfather has built this cabin near the ocean by himself through the years, a little at a time.  It's a fun place to stay - the perfect summer home. I have fond memories of being here, as well.  The northern Pacific coast is glorious, and this particular little spot is like heaven on earth.

I can almost smell the evergreen trees and salt spray from the sea now.

'Til next year!
- Photos by J. Evensen

No comments: