Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Having a Baby!

My friend Barb
This is my friend Barbara.  I work with Barbara.  Barbara and her husband have been very kind to me in the short time I've known them.

I think Barbara is a beautiful lady. She is kind, generous, smart and funny.  She is a lovely woman inside and out, a good wife and the loving mother of two rambunctious boys.

My friend Barbara is going to have a baby.

I decided it would be fun to keep track of Barbara's expanding waistline in the coming months.  I'm all for that... as long as it isn't my ever expanding waistline.  But that's a completely different thing... 

Where was I?

Oh yes, my blogging Barb's pregnancy.

I thought it would be fun to take a picture every now and then to keep track of Barb's growing baby bump.  I ran the idea past Barbara and was delighted and surprised that she was amenable to the idea.  So, today we quickly took a couple of photos in the hall outside her office.

Barbara is past the queasy first trimester and is somewhere around 21 weeks along.  We already know this is a little girl she is carrying.  Everyone is excited about this, Barb's family, friends and co-workers.  Her sons are curious what it will be like to have a little sister.

I'm excited too.

It's been a long while since I was able to follow along with a good friend going through this miraculous process. 

Somewhere in the spirit world, a daughter of God is preparing for her earthlife experience.  I wonder if she's excited - frightened - nervous to be leaving the home she's known for aeons and embarking on this adventure we call mortality?  We've all been through it - don't you sometimes wish you could remember!
At 21 weeks
If I could, I would reassure this baby that she's getting some really great parents.

In the meantime, I'm going to take a picture occasionally and keep you posted!

No comments: