Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More on the Mo Tab Flash Mob

The words Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Flash mob don't usually show up in the same sentence!  But yesterday, while on tour back east, the Choir did just that - they showed up at Colonial Williamsburg and wowed a very surprised audience of tourists to the facility!

The choir performance was planned in cahoots with the staff of the largest living history museum in the U.S.!


I'm so glad that my friend Don is featured prominently in the video (see below post with the video).  It makes it so much more fun.  He said they weren't given much notice about the event, and had to learn the music very quickly.  They all took off their choir nametags and mingled with the crowd prior to the performance. 

The video was shot by a tourist and posted to YouTube. Whoever you are - Thanks for doing that!  Just a hint - the singing doesn't start until well (3.28 minutes or so) into the video.

What a fun thing!  I wish I had been there too!

Colonial Williamsburg is one of those places I've always wanted to go.

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Oh, I was just reading a book yesterday about Williamsburg. I've been there and was longing to go back. Can you imagine being there with the choir, fun!