Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jack's First Birthday

I promised a treat when I got home from work today.  So here it is, Jack.  Your very own little birthday cake.  Happy Birthday, Jack.  I promised a surprise - here it is!  Have some birthday cake!
After a while it appears the oat grass looks more appetizing to Jack than the cake. I promised not to tell, but he did sneak a little bit of frosting.  Jack likes frosting.
 The oat grass just is so darn... interesting...
The new catnip mousie is very interesting too!  Jack finds the wrapping that it came in nearly as interesting as the mouse itself.  Perhaps more so!
To quote an old Kliban birthday card I once got: "Oh I love them little mousies, mousies what I love to eat!  Bite their little heads off, nibble on their tiny feet!" It sounds better when you sing it. Seriously.

After investigating all his toys and treats - there were even kitty Temptations snacks which he ignored completely - Jack decided he'd had quite enough of the party and his birthday, and retired to watch the world out the front window.

No comments: