Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Goo Ma's Surprise

I surprised our birthday boy by intercepting his parent's birthday card for him and taking him to Black Angus for a celebratory steak dinner on his special day to give it to him.  It was sorta kinda maybe almost like having everyone there with us.
                              
 I have a feeling it will be the last decent steak dinner he has in a very very long time...
The serving staff heard it was Daniel's birthday (someone may have told them...).  They sang to him and brought him a great dessert with a candle in it!
Yum.  He was nice and shared it with me! 

We had such a good visit.  I'm proud to be his goo ma, his Auntie M.  He has chosen an interesting life.  I'm glad I get to share in his adventures in a very small way.

He left for China early this morning, and is already in San Francisco waiting for his flight to Beijing as I write this.  With Nils in Mexico, and Daniel and his family soon to be in China, I think our family has officially acheived international status.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Glad you were able to celebrate with him! It sounds like a fun time.