Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Niece Linnea

Linnea with her new-born baby brother Anders
Yesterday my niece Linnea had a baby.

This seems very strange to me, because in my mind she will always be this little blond girl with a Kool-Aid mustache.


I haven't received the official photos yet, but little Annika Linnea Farnsworth arrived at 4:30 p.m. Eastern time (on April 15, 2015) and was a healthy 6 pounds 14 oz and 20 inches long.  Annika is blond with lots of hair and big blue eyes.

Both Mom and Dad are doing fine.

I'm so excited about this little one I can barely stand it.  In another 8 years, I suspect we'll be doing another ballerina birthday cake and the scene will look remarkably like this one:


I could wax poetic about the Circle of Life... (Have you ever noticed no one ever wanes poetic?  Or perhaps the majority of people do and we never think of it as waning because it's the norm?) ... instead, I will just say that I'm so happy to have this new member of the family arrive in good health.

Happy Birth Day!



No comments: