Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Celebrating the 4th of July

The Family in Washington, D.C. for the 4th of July
The Washington Monument is in the background
I can think of few things more exciting than being in Washington, D.C. for our Nation's birthday party.  It's quite the celebration.

Gathering on the mall for the festivities
My brother and his family joined the throngs of people who gathered on the Mall for the 4th of July fireworks.

An estimated 700,000 people were there!

They were able to witness some spectacular fireworks against the backdrop of the Washington monument.
An estimated 700,000 people gathered for this event
That's the Capitol building in the background
Of course, the day wouldn't be complete without a backyard barbeque!

In the Farnsworth's garden
Meanwhile, back in California, on the other side of the country:

Grilling on the BBQ and chillin' (?) in the heat
I gathered with my friends for a nice peaceful barbeque, too!  It was so hot and humid you could expire. But the burgers and hot dogs and salads were delicious!  (We never lack for food at these events!)

Joyce had made red, white and blue strawberries, which I apparently lost the photo of, but trust me, they were both beautiful and great tasting!


We talked a lot and swam in the pool and ate a lot.

It was a lovely evening
There were fireworks displays all around us.  It was a great evening with friends.

I love my country.  Rah, Rah America!

No comments: