Monday, October 7, 2013

Vacation in Japan - Tokyo

Lost at night in the rain
These are the last of my friend Jon's vacation in Japan photos.  I've enjoyed learning more about this beautiful country.  I really like the above night shot of Tokyo.  There is something about the lights in the rain that is just so lovely.

Tokyo closes down some streets for vehicular traffic during the weekend and lets pedestrians go crazy.

A main street - closed off to traffic for the weekend
I think that's a good idea.

Here we see some stalls at the fish market.  I don't think the doggy's for sale.

A cute little doggy at the fish market
If you look at the bottom right of the photo below you will see a guy posing in front of a camera. I'm not sure whether he's also just a tourist, or with a film crew.

I guess we'll never know!

Street closures for the weekend 
The streets are very colorful.

View of Tokyo skyline from the fish market
Like many major modern cities, Tokyo shows evidence of being part of an international community.  Here (below) is a French restaurant with a very British Pub sign reflected in the windows!

On the streets
I hope you've enjoyed our little glimpses of Japan.

Thanks for taking us with you, Jon!

No comments: